02 blaster rebuild looking for ideas

adamant2003

Feb 10, 2011
Hey guys i got a 2002 yamaha blaster with a 240 big bore kit in it has a skid plate under the engine i got it used and want to do a full rebuild this spring when i can get it out of my dads garage when the snow melts im in bangor maine and we have alot of snow left so wont be doing anything till spring time. I am looking for some good tips and tricks for this rebuild and any upgrade ideas i will put up pics asap when i get it out of the garage the tips and tricks and upgrade parts would be awesome for starters.

thanks for the advice
adam

first off pics or ur lying (house rules) then get an f7 pipe and larger carb and ship that baby to an engine builder on here and get it ported

i tried uploading a pic of it but it wont let me for some reason i will try again later and ill take some better pics of it

ok so i need help posting pics it always says they fail everytime i try to upload them and they are under the max file size so any help will be greatful on postin pics thanks adam

Use Photobucket. Upload the pics to Photobucket (creating an account is free), and then copy and paste the IMG code here when posting.

As for the build, it depends on what you wanna do with the Blaster. Racing, trail riding, etc...

If it were mine, I'd upgrade the shocks (get some Works fronts and a 400ex or Works rear), then send the engine out to O'Connor Racing or Flotek for a nice port job. Ken O'Connor does a nice stroker crank mod as well, which seems to be money well-spent.

After that, upgrade the carb, new pipe, get a UNI filter and CFM airbox, maybe some VF3 reeds and if there's any $$ left over, an extended rear axle and some ASR front A-Arms.